PREMARITAL COUNSELING/ COUPLE ENRICHMENT
Counseling utilizing the PREPARE/ENRICH assessment
PREPARE/ENRICH is a program based on a set of five inventories that examine major relationship issues a couple may experience. These inventories must be administered by a trained PREPARE/ENRICH counselor and include 4-6 feedback sessions in which the counselor facilitates discussion between the couple based on their inventory results.
Over 2 million couples have utilized the PREPARE/ENRICH program (4 million people) since it began 1980.
THERE ARE 6 GOALS:
In order to achieve these goals there are also six corresponding couple exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills.
1. To explore Relationship Strength and Growth Areas
2. To learn Assertiveness and Active Listening Skills
3. To learn how to resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
4. To help the couple discuss their Family-of-Origin
5. To help the couple with financial planning and budgeting
6. To focus on personal, couple and family goals
THERE ARE 5 DIFFERENT INVENTORIES:
PREPARE - Pre-marital couples
PREPARE MC - Pre-marital couples
PREPARE CC - Pre-marital couples
ENRICH - Married couples with or without children
Mate - Couples over the age of 50